Revision history. 0.0
This privacy notice is applicable for existing or potential customers.
1. Who are we?
S J KETTLE DESIGN CONSULTANCY LTD (‘Kettle Design’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) may gather and process your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Our registered office is at 7, The Mount, Heswall, CH60 4RE. We are a Private Limited Company.
2. Information that we collect.
We process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
The personal data that we may collect from you is:
- Employer/organisation name
- Work address
- Work email
- Work telephone number
- Mobile telephone number
We collect information in the ways listed below:
- Online forms
- Direct requests from us to you via email or telephone
- Unsolicited communications from you to us via email or telephone
3. How we use your personal data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data, together with the legal bases for doing so, are detailed below:
- We collect your personal data as part of the performance of an existing or possible contract or to provide a service and to ensure that orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address.
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for business accounting and tax purposes. For this, our legal basis is legal obligation.
- We store copies of our received and sent emails that are likely to include personally identifiable information. Our legal basis for this is contractual, legal obligation, legitimate interest or consent, varying by the case in point.
- When someone visits a website operated by us we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. For this, our legal basis is legitimate interest.
We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
4. Your Rights
You have the right to access any personal data that we hold about you and to request information about:
- The purposes of any processing.
- The categories of personal data concerned.
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed.
- How long we intend to store your personal data for.
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to update/correct it as quickly as possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with data protection laws, as well as to object to any direct marketing from us and to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
5. Sharing and disclosing your personal information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. We use third-parties to provide the below services and business functions, however all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
This privacy notice does not cover privacy policies of other companies linked to from any of our websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
6. Safeguarding measures
We take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including: SSL, encryptions, internal best practices, access restriction, IT measures, authentication, etc.
7. How long we keep your data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed, if we have no other ongoing legal basis for keeping it.
Where we have used legitimate interest as a basis for collecting and storing your personal data, we will keep such data until you object to this.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you withdraw your consent.
9. Lodging a complaint
We only process your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO).