General Competition Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to all competitions featured in any publications and online services that are organised by Kettle Design.
- By entering, competition entrants accept these terms and conditions together with any specific instructions and terms for such competition which may be mentioned in any electronic messages, or on the website, or communicated to entrants in any other way (“competition information”). Such competition information shall prevail in the event of there being any inconsistency between these competition terms and conditions and any competition information.
- Kettle Design may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- The competition is open to all Year 7 students (those students entering year 7 in September 2019).
- Employees and members of their immediate families of Kettle Design may not enter.
- Entrants may only enter the competition in their own name. Proof of age/ year 7 pupil identification may be requested.
- The opening and closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current, and complete. Entrants also warrant that they are the copyright owners of any copyright works submitted, e.g. photographs and drawings, and Kettle Design’s use of such works (which you will permit) will not infringe the rights of any third party.
- Entry to the competition may only be made through the applicable method indicated in the competition information. The following terms and conditions will apply where the method is indicated as being available in the competition information.
(a) Web entry
Where specified in the competition information as an available method of entry to the competition, web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated in the competition information. Entrants will receive a message confirming entry to the competition. Web entrants may be required to supply their name, and/or email address and/or a contact telephone number and/or any other details.
(b) Email entry
Where specified as an available method of entry to the competition, e-mail entrants may enter the competition by sending an e-mail with the information indicated in the competition information and at the email address indicated.
- Neither Kettle Design nor its servants, agents, nor any other party or organisation involved in the management, promotion, or administration of the competition or its entry routes or donation of prizes or their agents or subsidiaries involved in the competition will accept responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions (including but not limited to security functions by software used by Kettle Design or any third party), virus, bugs, or other causes outside its control.
- Any entries which are incomplete, incorrect, inaudible, incomprehensible, or not received by Kettle Design will be void.
- Kettle Design will not be liable to reimburse expenses incurred in making an entry in any competition.
- The prize is as specified in the competition information.
- Where the winner is required to speak for the purposes of a film or video production they must appear to be able to communicate clearly and appropriately for the production in question. Kettle Design reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that these requirements are not met.
- The process for determining the winners of the prize is as indicated in the competition information.
- Kettle Design will notify the winners as indicated in the competition information.
- Any entrant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Kettle Design’s determination is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature is unfair to other entrants may be removed from the Competition at Kettle Designs’s sole discretion.
- Kettle Design reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified in these terms and conditions or in the event of a virus, computer bug or unauthorised human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Kettle Design that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality, or normal course of the Competition.
- No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, Kettle Design reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or to offer an alternative of similar value.
- In relation to all competitions, the first name and surname of the winner may be published by Kettle Design and entrants grant to Kettle Design a non-exclusive licence to use and publish their entry in any media for the purpose of announcing the winner.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Kettle Design may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and (if applicable) their school’s) name, address, and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice or without any fee being paid.
- Information, data and the caller line identity (“personal data”) which is provided by entrants when they enter will be held and used by Kettle Design and their suppliers and contractors in order to administer the competition.
- Kettle Design shall comply with all applicable requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation, any successor legislation or other applicable law.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Kettle Design’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud. Subject to this, Kettle Design cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the competition or as a result of accepting any prize.
- Kettle Design cannot promise that the services relating to the competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of Kettle Design. Kettle Design will not be liable in the event that all or any part of the service relating to the competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
- In the event that any entrant does not, or is unable to, comply with and meet these terms and conditions and the competition information, Kettle Design shall be entitled at its sole discretion to disqualify such entrant, without any further liability to such entrant. In these circumstances, any prize(s) won by the entrant may be forfeited.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- The promoter of the competition is Kettle Design, 7 The Mount Heswall CH60 4RE.
- These terms and conditions were last updated on 20th September 2019.